Lena Pira graduated from California State University Los Angeles with degrees in early childhood education and curriculum development before moving to Uganda in July 2009 as a full time missionary with New International. With a focus on development, Lena has the opportunity to work on a variety of Christian and Bible Based projects such as curriculum development, program and organizational launches, communications and media revisions, the preparation of Ugandan missionaries for full time service, and much more.
Her passion is to help Ugandan organizations and individuals step out and achieve the ministry dreams that God has called them to. Lena partners with several ministries within Uganda to make this possible, including but not limited to: Africa Renewal Ministries, Africa Renewal University, EDEN Mission, Loving Hearts Babies Home, Mavuno Church Kampala, Beauty Springs, Christ's Heart Ministries International, and The Equipped Wife.
- An associate level university curriculum program in child development with an emphasis in ministering to children at risk. The curriculum was launched in 2010 and was recently upgraded to Bachelor's Degree program in 2014 through Africa Renewal University.
- A Multi-level Christian leadership curriculum program for 8,000+ sponsored children at Africa Renewal Ministries
- The development and launch of Mavuno Church Kampala's website as an online media outreach tool
- The development of a new church planting ministry (EDEN Mission) and national missionary sendoff to the Democratic Republic of Congo, scheduled for early 2015.
- The writing and development of a daily devotional guide called "Beneath the Surface" for Bishop Isaiah & Deborah Mbuga of Christ's Heart Ministries.
- and the writing and development of a small group leadership guide called "Equip" for group leaders and cell based church groups.
Lena is passionate about what God is doing in Uganda and she loves watching God work in unexpected ways in and through her. Her desire in all she does is to bring glory to Him.
With New International since 2008